ZooPharm can provide extended release Meloxicam SR by prescription in a patented, sustained release system. Meloxicam SR releases and provides therapeutic blood levels for up to 72 hours
Meloxicam is used in dogs, rats, mice, rabbits, primates and other species for relief of inflammation and pain in both acute and chronic musculo-skeletal disorders. Meloxicam is often used to reduce postoperative pain and inflammation following orthopaedic, soft tissue and other surgical procedures.
- Ulrich Busch, Jochen Schmid, Gu¨ Nther Heinzel, Helmut Schmaus, Ju¨ Rgen Baierl, Claudia Huber, Willy Roth Pharmacokinetics of meloxicam in animals and the relevance to human. Drug Metabolism And Disposition, The American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, 1998 Vol. 26, No. 6
- David Fowler, Kevin Isakow, Nigel Caulkett, Cheryl Waldner, An evaluation of the analgesic effects of meloxicam in addition to epidural morphine/mepivacaine in dogs undergoing cranial cruciate ligament repair. Can Vet J Volume 44, August 2003
- Laboratory Study: Pharmacokinetic Properties Of A Novel Sustained Release Meloxicam Formulation in Dogs. September 2012
- Friton GM, Philipp H, Schneider T & Kleemann R (2003), Berl Munch Tierärztl Woch, 116: 421-426
- Hirsch AC, Philipp H & Kleemann R (2003), J Vet Pharm Ther, 26: 355-360
- Papatsas I, Georgoulakis IE, Filiousis G, Alexopoulos G & Kyriakis SC (2004), Proc 18th IPVS Congress, p
- Meloxicam Report Committee of Veterinary Medicinal Products (CVMP), European Medicines Agency, 2010.
- Papich MG: Saunders Handbook of Veterinary Drugs. Philadelphia, WB Saunders,2002, p 318.
- Plumb DC: Veterinary Drug Handbook, ed 4. Ames, Iowa State University Press, 2002, pp 516–517.
- The European Agency for the Evaluation of Medicinal Products. Available at: www.emea.eu.int; accessed December 9, 2002.
- Stephane L Bourque,Michael A Adams,Kanji Nakatsu and Andrew Winterborn. Comparison of Buprenorphine and Meloxicam for Postsurgical Analgesia in Rats: Effects on Body Weight, Locomotor Activity and Hemodynamic Parameters. Journal of the American Association for Laboratory Animal Science Vol 49, No 5 September 2010.
- Matthew T Rätsep, Valerie F Barrette, Andrew Winterborn, Michael A Adams, and B Anne Croy. Hemodynamic and Behavioral Differences after Administration of Meloxicam, Buprenorphine, or Tramadol as Analgesics for Telemeter Implantation in Mice. Journal of the American Association for Laboratory Animal Science. Vol 52, No 5. September 2013